Friday, February 11, 2005

Dance craze

Well, I've survived my second middle-school dance chaperoning experience, this time as soda pourer instead of door guarder. It was a Valentine's Dance, with many kids dressed in appropriate hues, and if there are any preteen girls out there reading this, let me just tell you that no matter what your body type is, you do not look good in pink sweatpants. Again this time, some of the girls looked like they were dressed for a Britney Spears video while others were endearingly, sloppily casual (my own dear big-T-shirted daughter included). Boys were mostly dress-down, but one lad seems to have entered into the festive spirit of the evening by coloring his stubbly head with a red Magic Marker. All together now: These kids today, boy, I don't know.

No comments: